Chalet Tintin - Booking Terms & Conditions
- CONTRACT The Contract for short-term holiday rentals of the property Chalet Tintin, Les Gets, France is between the Owners of the Property and the Client. The contract becomes effective only upon the owners receiving a fully completed hard copy of the booking form and confirming the reservation having received cleared funds as specified in clause 2. Any breach of clauses 2, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14 or 16 by the client shall entitle the owners to terminate the agreement without notice or refund.
- PAYMENT A deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable if the booking is made more than 8 weeks before the start of the rental. The balance shall be payable on the due date which is 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental. Non-payment of the balance of the rent on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the Client. For bookings made less than 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental the total fee is payable.
- CANCELLATION Any cancellation made by the Client for whatever reason shall be in writing and addressed to the owners at the address at the top of the booking form. On receipt of notice of cancellation, the owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of booking. If the owners succeed in re-letting the property for the whole period it shall refund all the monies paid less an administrative charge of 150 euros or 10% of the full booking price which ever is the greater. If the owners only succeed in re-letting the property for part of the period booked it shall refund an amount equal to the money paid less (1) the rental for the period which is not re-let and (2) an administrative charge of 150 euros or 10% of the booking price whichever is the greater. If the owners are unable to re-let the property at all then all monies paid by the Client shall be forfeit to the owners.
- CHANGES OF DATE The owners may consider a request from a client to change the dates of the booking after confirmation has been issued. Agreement will be given subject to all of the following conditions being met (1) the owners agree to change (2) the request is received more than 8 weeks away from the start of the booking (3) the client pays an administration fee of 150 euros.
- VAT is included in the rental fee where applicable. The rental also includes linen, towels, and electricity.
- PERIOD OF HIRE Rentals commence, unless otherwise notified at 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure.
- NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed 10 (ten). The owners reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
- COMPLAINTS Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property it must be notified promptly to the owners’ French agents and in case of serious problems, confirmed in writing.
- BREAKAGES OR DAMAGE A security deposit of €500 for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owners shall account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
- LOSS OF KEY The Client shall use the key lock box at all times and not disclose the key box code to others. The Owners reserve the right to make a €150 retention from the security deposit should the key be lost.
- CARE OF THE PROPERTY The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. The Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover any cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The property is no smoking throughout. The client shall ensure that rubbish is placed out for collection regularly and that the client’s use of the property shall not cause annoyance or nuisance to other property owners or neighbours.
- PETS No pets are permitted.
- LIABILITY The owners shall not be liable to the Client or third parties for any accident, damage, loss, injury expense or inconvenience, which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of or in any way connected with the rental. If the property which the Client has booked becomes unavailable or unusable for some reason prior to the date of a booking, then the owners obligations will be to (1) use their best endeavours to find a suitable alternative property, or failing which (2) to reimburse the Client for any monies paid. No further liability shall attach to the owners whatsoever.
- WARRANTIES The Owners do not warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by its servants or agents.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY The Owners or their agents shall be allowed and provided with the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- BROCHURE & WEBSITE DETAILS The Owners of the property use their best endeavours to ensure that the particulars of the property as they appear in the brochure or on the website are accurate. Nevertheless, on occasions there may have been a change of circumstances and the brochure cannot always be up to date. The Owners accept no liability for any such changes or inaccuracies.
- GUEST DAMAGE Please report accidental damage or breakage to the owners’ agents promptly if and when it happens.
- CURRENCY All prices quoted are in Euros and are payable directly into the Owner’s bank account.
- JURISDICTION This agreement is subject to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of Swiss law and Swiss courts.